Differentiation and Positioning – An Interview with Jack Trout
Jack Trout is the founder of Trout and Partners Ltd, one of the worlds leading marketing consulting firms. Jack is regarded as one of marketing’s foremost authors and thought leaders too.
He is the author and co-author of many popular books including… Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind, Differentiate or Die: Survival in Our Era of Killer Competition, The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Violate Them at Your Own Risk!, REPOSITIONING: Marketing in an Era of Competition, Change and Crisis, The Power Of Simplicity: A Management Guide to Cutting Through the Nonsense and Doing Things Right, Jack Trout on Strategy, Marketing Warfare, In Search of the Obvious: The Antidote for Today’s Marketing Mess, Big Brands Big Trouble: Lessons Learned the Hard Way, Bottom-up Marketing, A Genie’s Wisdom: A Fable of How a CEO Learned to Be a Marketing Genius, Stop the Presses: The Crisis and Litigation PR Desk Reference, The New Positioning: The Latest on the World’s #1 Business Strategy & Horse Sense: How to Pull Ahead on the Business Track
In this interview I question Jack on marketing strategy concepts such as positioning and differentiation. Jack reveals…
- Where positioning actually takes place
- Why people create mental ladders in their mind to rank companies within a market
- 2 very different ways to become the leader in your category
- 4 ways to differentiate your business so you stand out amongst your competition
- The difference between marketing tactics and marketing strategy (and which is most important)
- The marketing principle that has enormous power and will help make you unforgettable in your prospects minds
- Why brands should never try to change their positioning
- And more. Just click the play button below to listen to the interview...
You can visit Jack’s website here and you can order any of his books on amazon
Powered by Facebook Comments